0

Bournemouth have confirmed the £20million signing of Chelsea defender Nathan Ake.


The Dutchman spent a spell on loan at Dean Court last season and Cherries boss Eddie Howe tried to make the deal permanent in January. But the Blues blocked it, and recalled the player early.

However, after he played just eight minutes in the league for his parent club upon returning from the south coast until they had secured the title, Ake has been allowed to move on.

Bournemouth were also keen on former Chelsea captain John Terry but they went cold on the Stamford Bridge stalwart and turned their attentions onto young defensive colleague Ake instead.

“I had a great time here last season so I’m really happy to be back,” he told the club’s website.

“It’s an exciting challenge. Chelsea is a great club and I learned so much there but this is a new step and the right place for me to develop even more.

“The fans haven’t seen the best of me yet. I always set the bar high so I know there is a lot of things I still have to work on.

“With the help of the manager here I know I can keep improving and become a better player.”

Post a Comment

Trending News

 
Top