0

Some of the ministers inaugurated Wednesday have spoken of their plans for the country.

Rotimi Amaechi: Minister of Transport and Aviation


Mass transportation through rail, our priority.

We are going to work towards completing abandoned rail projects. They will help create employment and ease mass transportation of people. Our mandate is to deliver quality service to the people in accordance with the change agenda.

It is important that we realize that we have a mandate and to also have it at the back of our minds that there is huge competition among the MDAs on which will deliver first.

If you come to me to gossip about anyone, you can be sure that l will tell the person concerned that this is what you said and you will be there to defend yourself.

I am not as bad as they say. A lot of names have been given to me but I believe in principles. I don’t like protocols.

When I say I hate corruption, I mean it. I don’t give bribe and I don’t take either. If you want to relate with me don’t give me money and don’t ask me for money.”

“Just do your job creditably. Don’t see me on the road and run away. I am not as bad as they make it seem. I don’t steal and l don’t befriend thieves and don’t put me in a position that l will not be able to call a thief, a thief.

Dr. Okechukwu Enelamah, Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment

We’ll increase the revenue base

We are here to open up the nation to economic diversification through increase in the revenue base and provide a veritable substitute to oil as the main foreign exchange earner for Nigeria.

This administration inherited enormous challenges and unless we all work together to change our present outlook speedily, the trust and confidence placed in us by the electorate would be a mandate misplaced.


Ibe Kachikwu, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources said

We’ll cut costs, check leakages.

The work environment and the perception about this ministry must change. We are working hard to do that at the NNPC and the ministry that has supervisory powers of the NNPC must even do more. We have dwindling resources and yet the whole nation depends on funding.

How do we improve on earnings and how do we meet Federation Account requirements? How do we put controls that are essential to prevent leakages? How do we develop new income streams? How do we develop investments?

So, grow income, cut costs, help the federation stabilize, these are key factors to our agenda. I think that once we take these into consideration, then we have the basic element to show the direction we are headed.

Post a Comment

Trending News

 
Top