0


Former Bayelsa state governor, Timipre Sylva, has accused incumbent, Governor Seriake Dickson of abandoning all the projects he initiated when he was the governor of the oil-rich state in 2012.
Sylva stated this while addressing newsmen after submitting his nomination and expression of interest forms at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital.


“As at 2012, we were poised to celebrate in 2013 one year of uninterrupted power supply in Yenogoa city. I had installed turbines and there was a turbine that was 93 per cent complete when I was ousted.
“The outgoing government refused to commission it because they did not want me to take credit for it.

“There are a lot of projects that I embarked upon which were deliberately abandoned on the altar of politics,” he said.

Sylva also lamented the youth restiveness in the state, saying “the era of kidnapping has returned. I experienced it in 2013 when my old uncle of 87 was kidnapped and killed. There is insecurity in the water ways of Bayelsa.”

Post a Comment

Trending News

 
Top