0


Manchester City veteran Yaya Toure has admitted that turning 34 gave him little joy, as he hates celebrating his birthday.



The Ivorian has experienced a renaissance since breaking into Pep Guardiola's team mid-season, and starred as City beat Leicester City 2-1 on Saturday.

Agent Dimitry Seluk had put out a call before the match for fans to mark Toure's birthday from the stands, which they did with cakes and banners hailing the star.
But h
"I think age is just a number. I always enjoy football. I hate my birthdays," Toure said to reporters.

"I don't like it. Today the fans were quite fantastic and I'm very happy."

Toure is out of contract at the Etihad Stadium at the end of the season, with little indication of what next season will hold for him.

But for now, the midfielder is only focused on seeing out the current campaign for Pep's men.

"I think my future is Tuesday. We have another game (against West Brom)," he affirmed.

"Let's see what can happen. In sport you never know what can happen in the future."

Post a Comment

Trending News

 
Top