0


CSKA Moscow striker Ahmed Musa confirmed Leicester City had a bid for his services turned down in January, yet admits his preferred choice of club would be title rivals Arsenal.

The 23-year-old, who has a £22.8 million buyout clause in his contract, was the subject of a reported £18.7m bid from the Foxes as they looked to bolster their title hopes.



Claudio Ranieri's side were left frustrated in their attempts to sign the Nigeria star - who has scored 10 goals this season - but Musa, while confirming a bid, instead hinted at a move to the Gunners.

"What club? I do not care!" he told Championat when asked about interest from other clubs.

"But Musa has to play, you know. I cannot sit on the bench. So I will have to go to the Premier League club that will believe in me.

"I would be happy if I was wanted by Arsenal. I have supported the team since the age of six. Nwankwo Kanu has been my idol since childhood. It will be fantastic to play for Arsenal.

"I will not hide it - Leicester actually came to our club. But I repeat that I want to finish the season with CSKA to help them to win a championship, and then think about changing team."


CSKA are level on points with FK Rostov at the top of Russian Premier League, yet have a game in hand, ahead of their meeting with derby rivals Spartak Moskow on Sunday.

Post a Comment

Trending News

 
Top