0


Nigerian international Brown Ideye says he is unwilling to be tempted with a move to China.


The 27-year-old Olympiacos forward says he rejected an offer in February to play in the Chinese Super League.

"It was unbelievable money for the club and financially tempting for any footballer but I chose to stay here," he told BBC Sport.

"My family love it here, and clearly happiness comes before money."

 A plethora of high-profile names, including Colombian striker Jackson Martinez, former Chelsea midfielder Ramires, Fredy Guarin, Ivory Coast forward Gervinho, Cameroon captain Stephane Mbia and compatriot Obafemi Martins recently moved to the Far East.

But Ideye, who joined Olympiakos from West Bromwich Albion last summer and has 10 goals in 30 appearances so far this season has no desire to join their number.

His goals and assists helped Olympiakos clinch a record-extending 43rd Greek Super League title in late February.

It was their 18th title in the last 20 seasons and was their earliest they have ever wrapped up the title.

After winning his first league title in European football, Ideye wants to win more honours with the Greek giants.

"From where I come from [Nigeria] it's easy to hear people say go to China for the money but I'm happy here," he continued.

"Honestly I don't have (a genuine reason to) leave Olympiakos. I have been shown love and this is the place to be right now.

"My ambitions are the same as Olympiakos' because I came to a club with a strong habit of winning titles and playing regularly in the Champions League.

"I have individual goals and team goals; with the family atmosphere and strong fighting spirit within the club I believe we can achieve great things together.

"I want to continue winning trophies here and make a big contribution to the history of this great club."

Post a Comment

Trending News

 
Top